Board of Visitors
The Georgia Southern University Board of Visitors (BoV) will be comprised of volunteers who are passionate about Georgia Southern and its future. Members of the BoV will include community, business and industry leaders, elected and governmental officials and other prominent figures from the State and region. Alumni status is not required for membership.
The purpose of the Board of Visitors will be to:
- Help advance the mission of the University
- Foster positive relations between Georgia Southern and its stakeholders.
- Become more familiar with the accomplishments, needs and aspirations of Georgia Southern, and to assist in conveying those messages to the community
- Serve as ambassadors of the University, informing members of the community about what is going on at Georgia Southern, and in turn, informing Georgia Southern about concerns, expectations and other issues expressed by the community
- Provide advice to the University President and Administration on future strategic areas for advancement of the University’s mission