ADA Request for Accommodation Procedures and Guidelines
Georgia Southern University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action institution committed to providing reasonable accommodations for any person with a disability who meets the definition of disabled as described in the Americans with Disabilities Act. Georgia Southern University reserves the right to require documentation for accommodations from (including, but not limited to): 1) patrons and visitors to university-sponsored events; 2) registered participants in university-sponsored clinics, camps, conferences, and workshops; 3) persons using the services of the Testing Office; 4) classified or faculty job applicants and employees; 5) current and prospective students; and 6) student participants in co-curricular activities.
To Request Accommodation:
- Visitors to University-sponsored events or registered participants in University-sponsored, fee-related events (e.g., workshops, camps, conferences) should contact the sponsor of the event for assistance in arranging accommodation.
- Persons wishing to take examinations administered by the Georgia Southern University Office of Testing Services should contact Dr. Theresa Novotny at 912-478-5415. Requests for accommodations on a standardized exam should be directed to the specific testing agent. For additional information, contact Testing Services at 912-478-5415.
- Students requiring academic accommodation should contact the Director of the Student Accessibility Resource Center for assistance at 912-478-1566 or Video Phone at 912-225-9877.
- Students requiring accommodation in University-owned housing may request such assistance from the Director of Housing at 912-478-5406.
- Students who wish to participate in co-curricular activities should contact the sponsoring office for assistance in arranging accommodation.
- Upon request made to the Director of Human Resources at 912-478-6947, persons applying for positions as employees at Georgia Southern University will be provided reasonable accommodations in completing the application and/or interview process.
- Employees requesting accommodation should discuss accommodation needs with their supervisors.
Questions concerning Georgia Southern University’s policy or disability accommodations should be directed to the individuals on the program or service advertisement; the Director of Student Disability Resource Center at 912-478-1566 (Video Phone: 912-225-9877); the Director, Equal Opportunity & Title IX at 912-478-5136 (TDD: 912-478-0273); or the Vice Provost, at 912-478-5258 (TDD: 912-478-0273).
University Contact Persons:
Ms. Kelly Woodruff, Director, Student Accessibility Resource Center, Tel. 912-478-1566; Video Phone: 912-225-9877
Dr. Diana Cone, Vice Provost, Academic Affairs, Tel. 912-478-5258; TDD: 912-871-0273
Ms. Amber J. Culpepper, Director, Equal Opportunity & Title IX; ADA/Section 504 Coordinator, Tel. 912-478-5136; TDD: 912-478-0273
Mrs. Rebecca Carroll, Associate Vice President, Human Resources, Tel. 912-478-6947; TDD: 912-478-0791
Mr. Pete Blutreich, Executive Director, University Housing: Tel 912-478-5406
Last updated: 9/14/2020