The Office for External Affairs provides management and protocol expertise for members of the Georgia Southern community in support of high-level state, national, and international visitors and delegations to the Georgia Southern campus, including visits by heads of state and senior government officials.
Facilitates/Manages Diplomatic and Event Protocol:
- Planning and managing the dignitary’s public speaking logistics and related event arrangements on campus on behalf of the President/Provost’s Office or other designated Georgia Southern University department sponsor.
- Working with the department sponsor or student group on the appropriate approvals, invitation, and planning processes.
- Providing guidance regarding general protocol questions such as flags, staging, order of precedence, seating and gift arrangements.
- Diplomatic protocol support and liaison arrangements for dignitary security with the Department of Public Safety.
High Profile Events
If you are planning a high profile event (e.g., one that has a visiting dignitary, celebrity or other such person speaking or in attendance) additional steps may be required before approval. Any other questions or concerns not mentioned here regarding the proposed event should be reviewed early in the process with the Office of External Affairs before proceeding with the planning process, particularly if this is a large, high profile event.
Management of and liaison planning with:
- Office of the President, Provost and Vice Presidents
- Colleges, Schools, Departments, Institutes, City, County, Chamber, and/or local businesses
- University Communications and Marketing
- Accessibility resources
- Parking and Transportation
- Eagle Dining Services
If you need information and/or event planning resources, please contact us and see how we can provide event planning management and production services on behalf of your department or organization.
Eagle Dining Services/Catering
Last updated: 8/4/2021