Campus Life Enrichment Committee Funding
CLEC, funded by Student Fees, funds intercultural programs that align with and support Pillar 3 of the Georgia Southern University Strategic Plan: Inclusive Excellence. This includes campus-wide lectures (general and academic), as well as lectures geared towards individual departments, organizations, and colleges. Up to $1,500 may be requested per event/proposal. Georgia Southern faculty, staff, and students are encouraged to submit proposals requesting funding for guest speakers, exhibitions, performances, or other events which will be held on campus during Fall 2020.
The deadline for receipt of Fall 2020 funding requests is October 2, 2020 at 5:00pm. Decision letters will be emailed to proposers on October 14, 2020. **NOTE: DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC only virtual event proposals will be reviewed by the CLEC committee for the FALL 2020 semester.**
Important criteria the committee considers when reviewing proposals:
- Clear, concise proposals with well-articulated goals and correct grammar and spelling have the best chance of being understood and valued by the review committee;
- Proposals with multiple sources of funding are given greater weight; and
- Proposals with an itemized budget for CLEC requested funds as well as non-CLEC requested funds and a clear justification for the amounts being requested have the best chance of being understood and valued by the review committee.
Additionally, the Campus Life Enrichment Committee will be implementing new standards for proposals. Moving forward the following items must be included:
1) Collaborative Partners: Proposers must list collaborative partners and describe the capacity in which they will contribute to the project.
*Priority will be given to proposals with 2 or more partners*
2) Student Organization: Faculty proposers must work with a student organization sponsor.
3) Student Involvement: Proposers must describe the capacity in which students will be involved in the program outside of attending (i.e. helping with advertising, planning or set up, etc.).
4) Learning Outcomes and Inclusive Excellence: Proposals need to reflect at least one learning outcome related to inclusive excellence (pillar 3 of the strategic plan). Be sure to describe the specific objective. See Strategic Plan | Performance Excellence to download the strategic plan.
5) Originality: Priority will be given to original and innovative proposals.
Proposals should be submitted via the electronic form during the open call dates. This form can be found at CLEC Proposal Submission Form. Additional instructions on how to complete the form may be found here.
The proposal timeline is listed below:
- Application Window: Open until October 2, 2020 at 5:00 PM
- Review of Proposals
- Committee Review: October 2-4, 2020
- Applicant Response to Review: October 5-7, 2020
- Decisions Rendered: September 28 – October 8-13, 2020
- Proposal Decision Letters: Will be distributed on October 14, 2020.
|Pamela Z. Sears||Spring 2022|
|Matthew Hashiguchi||Spring 2022|
|Dr. Virginie Ems-Bleneau||Spring 2022|
|Dr. Larisa Elisha||Spring 2022|
|Ashley Boyd||Spring 2021|
|Donte White||Spring 2021|
|Javanna Rogers||Spring 2021|
|Kenneth Edouazin||Spring 2021|
|Ryleigh Harris||Spring 2021|
Last updated: 10/23/2020