Skip to main content


The Office of Legal Affairs serves as the point of contact for select international employees for whom the University will be obtaining work authorization. Please note that the Office of Legal Affairs cannot provide legal representation or services to any employee, including international employees who are going through the process of obtaining visas and green cards for themselves or their families. Numerous attorneys do offer such services, and international employees may wish to avail themselves of the services of an outside practitioner.

Georgia Southern University utilizes the services of Kramer Partners, LLC. of Decatur, Georgia.

Have you changed your address?

All non-U.S. citizens living in the United States are required by regulation (8 CFR 265) to notify USCIS of any change in their address within 10 days of the change by filing Form AR-11 with the USCIS address listed on the Form AR-11. Notifying the USCIS of any address change is a condition of a non-U.S. citizens’ stay in the United States. Failure to comply could result in removal from the United States. Form AR-11 may be found online.


International faculty members who are employed at Georgia Southern pursuant to H1B work authorization are authorized to work only for Georgia Southern. The H1B does not authorize any other employment. Under USCIS rules, accepting honoraria from entities other than Georgia Southern for speaking engagements constitutes other employment. Accordingly, the Office of Legal Affairs recommends that international faculty members on H1B work authorization do not accept honoraria.

Last updated: 3/28/2022