The mission of the Office of Multicultural Affairs is to contribute to an inclusive learning environment by supporting the institutions efforts to retain and graduate students prepared for a diverse global society. We provide mentorship opportunities, deliver diversity education and inclusion training, celebrate the cultural diversity of all students, and advocate for underrepresented groups in the Georgia Southern University community guided by the University mission and CAS standards.
The goals of the Office of Multicultural Affairs are to:
- Foster developmental opportunities for all students regardless of their ethnic background or national origin.
- Advocate and promote the cultural, personal, social, intellectual, and leadership development of all its students.
- Cultivate a spirit of partnership between underrepresented populations and the university administration.
- Provide opportunities for the campus community to celebrate diversity. • Support the university’s goal of maintaining a diverse student body through recruitment and retention initiatives.
- Provide mentoring programs to support the retention, progression and graduation of students.
Last updated: 8/6/2021