Mission, Goals and Values
The mission of the Office of Multicultural Affairs is to contribute to an inclusive learning environment by supporting the institution’s efforts to retain and graduate students prepared for a diverse global society.
The goals of the Office of Multicultural Affairs are to:
- Provide mentoring programs to support the retention, progression and graduation of program participants, with an emphasis on underrepresented student populations.
- Offer a welcoming environment for students to connect to each other and campus resources.
- Provide opportunities for students to learn from diverse perspectives and understand concepts of diversity, multiculturalism, interculturalism, and belonging.
- Collaborate with faculty, student service units, and recognized student organizations to provide programming that enhances multiculturalism across campus.
- Promote programs and activities that increase the cultural competence of all students.
Our core values, OMA C.A.R.E.S., inform our work and are integral in the fulfillment of our mission.
- OMA C.A.R.E.S.
- Ethical Leadership
- Student Success
Last updated: 8/24/2023