D.I.F. Conference Mission
The mission of the D.I.F. Conference is to create an opportunity to openly talk, listen and learn about issues related to diversity, inclusion and fairness.
D.I.F. Conference Goals
- Develop an understanding of diversity, inclusion and fairness (Think).
- Increase awareness of one’s identities, biases and privileges (Think).
- Understand the value of inclusivity and how individual actions impact our environments (Create).
- Engage in Intergroup Dialogue to understand the effects of marginalization in order to create safe and inclusive environments (Create).
- Identify and develop the necessary skills to create positive and strategic change (Be).
- Challenge each other to acknowledge and expand the boundaries of our comfort zones (Be).
The link to register is here. There is no cost to attend this virtual conference. Please register by Monday March 22nd.
10:00 a.m. – 10:25 a.m. Opening Session/Welcome
10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Concurrent Session 1
11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Concurrent Session 2
12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Break
1:30 p.m.- 2:30 p.m. Concurrent Session 3
2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. Keynote
3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Closing
Our 2021 DIF Keynote Speaker is Dr. Tristen Johnson.
Dr. Tristen Johnson (she, her, hers) currently works as a Diversity Education Specialist for a top-ranking cancer center in Florida. She is a former higher education professional. She holds a master’s degree from Southern Illinois University-Carbondale and a bachelor’s degree from Western Illinois University. She recently defended her dissertation for her Ph.D. at Illinois State University. Her research focused on Black women professionals who work in diversity roles at predominantly white institutions. She is the founder and owner of The Tristen Johnson, LLC, a business dedicated to consulting, trainings, and workshops surrounding diversity and inclusion initiatives and making body jewelry. In her spare time, she enjoys creative writing, traveling, and advocating for Beyoncé.
Last updated: 3/16/2022