Inclusive Excellence Ambassadors
Our mission, as Inclusive Excellence Ambassadors, is to increase awareness, knowledge and skills necessary to create change and engage in helpful conversations about diversity, inclusion and fairness.
- Create a dialogue about diversity, inclusion and fairness.
- Facilitate education, programs and outreach initiatives related to social justice and identity.
- Increase students’ awareness and cultural competence.
- Provide opportunities to develop effective cross-cultural communication skills.
Inclusive Excellence Ambassador Requirements:
- Be an undergraduate or graduate, degree-seeking students who has completed at least one semester at Georgia Southern University before application.
- Demonstrate an interest, passion, commitment and willingness to learn about diversity, inclusion and fairness.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Be able to work efficiently with a diverse group of team members.
- Be able to attend weekly training sessions.
- Be able to attend bi-weekly meetings & training sessions.
- Assist with new Peer Educator training.
- Possess and maintain a grade point average (GPA) of at least a 2.5 at the time of application and throughout the program.
Last updated: 12/21/2021