Military and Veterans Support Taskforce
The Military and Veterans Support Taskforce is charged with ensuring that Georgia Southern is doing its best in all areas to help our service members who have chosen Georgia Southern as their school of choice.
Georgia Southern must:
- Effectively direct veterans and military members to campus experts in areas of admissions, registration, financial aid, counseling, disability services, housing, and student veteran’s organizations, etc.
- Work closely with Education Services Officers on military installations including National Guard Armories to attract military students to Georgia Southern’s academic programs.
- Serve as a clearing house for information and provide a place where veterans, active duty, retired, and reservists can meet others who share camaraderie, support, and common experiences.
- Discuss, review, and suggest changes or updates on academic policies that will enable Georgia Southern to become more accommodating to our service members.
- Improve transfer articulation and prior learning assessment for military students, veterans, and military family members.
Tony Bretti (Chair, CE)
Amy Ballagh (Vice-Chair, SAEM)
Kathy Albertson (Provost’s Office)
George Fredrick (ROTC)
Bret Danilowicz (COST)
Christine Ludowise (CLASS)
Connie Murphey (Financial Aid)
Sarah Smith (Admissions)
Robert Fernekes (LIB)
Christopher Caplinger (First-Year Experience)
Christian Flathman (Marketing & Communication)
Pam Deal (IT)
William Norton (COBA)
Deborah Perez-Lopez (Student Disability Resource Center)
Sharonica Daniels (Registrar’s Office)
Allison Gorman (Student Disability Resource Center)
Jodi Caldwell (Counseling & Career Development Center)
Kelly Pye (CE)
Last updated: 11/19/2013